PDA

View Full Version : AC / Heater Blower

Zapper
05-26-2007, 17:20
All of a sudden, I only #5 (HIGH) on my blower motor. Checked the fuses and relays, no luck. I am guessing it would have to be the switch, but thought I'd ask for other opinions or suggestions.

Thanks, Lanny

chipper
05-26-2007, 21:28
A/C, Heater blower module. Located under dash on pass side.

Zapper
05-29-2007, 12:16
thanks chipper, I looked around under the dash, nothing pops out at me. Could you be a little more specific, please. Do I need to remove the glove box, or is it one of the relays in the compartment behind pass. door, (looks like the fuse box on drivers side)?
thanks Zapper

DmaxMaverick
05-29-2007, 14:37
Sounds like the resistor module, but could be the rotary switch (fan speed switch--rare failure). The resistor module is located behind the HVAC cover above the passenger floorboard, below the glove box. If you have cabin air filters (you should in your 2002), it will be under the same cover you need to remove to replace them (good time to do both, since you're in there). 3 screws in the cover, all pointing up from the bottom. The one above the tranny tunnel is a real PITA to r/r. All 3 screws have the same size head (7mm, IIRC).

If it turns out to be the switch, I have an HVAC control head, like new. It is for a truck w/o auto climate control or heated mirrors/rear defog. The switch inside the control head is removable, and may fit yours. Try the resistor module first. Way cheaper.

RockAuto.com has it for less than 20 bucks. The ACDelco part # is 158770. The discontinued GM part # is 15305077.

Here's a pic: