PDA

View Full Version : Running like a champ!!

hayhauler69
05-28-2007, 18:02
Just wanted to brag about how good my trucks running!!!:)
I don't see many positive signs looking through the postings.
Thought I'd send one on.
So, after a new transmission, a FSD and cooler from SSD, a 40HP chip from SSD a fuel filter change Amzoil in all the running gear and engine, things couldn't be better!!. It's amazing what a couple of good new batteries and some factory battery cables will do.
Of course I'm sure the proverbial poop will hit the fan sometime, but hey that's part of the game, right?:D
PLUS, I'M ALMOST GETTING 20 MPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love to hear the turbo wine, but you gotta stay out of the throttle and keep it at or below 2000RPM on the freeway.
Buzz

a5150nut
05-28-2007, 21:54
Love to hear the turbo wine, but you gotta stay out of the throttle and keep it at or below 2000RPM on the freeway.
Buzz

Do like the big truckers, just keep ading more gears! Go fast and maintain rpm.

Robyn
05-29-2007, 09:22
Its amazing what a set of good batteries and cables can do for one of these little creatures.

The old 6.2's with a DB2 pump would run like a champ even with everything sour in the electrical dept as long as you could get enough power to roll it over and lite it and of course keep the IP turned on.
Not so with the electronic rigs.
The electrical system has got to be top shelf or all sorts of nasty things happen.

Good to hear the pleasant report.

Robyn

6.5 Detroit Diesel
06-06-2007, 08:52
When I bought my diesel, I was told that I would never want to go back to gasser work trucks. Now I don't even want to have a gasser truck period. With that in mind, I plan for an '02 LB7 in the future. My truck has never actually had anything go wrong. Everything has been caused by me being a nuthead. (Hey, when you got mud tires, you have to use ponds right:D ) and the truck does get looks with the 6" tip, 36" tires, and the tons of running lights. :D