PDA

View Full Version : 2001 with limp problem

bwoody
05-29-2007, 11:34
With 9000lb in tow, truck decides to go into limp mode, pulling a small hill with a head wind. This is not the first time this has happened. The code was large fuel leak detected. It has had all 8 injectors replaced recently, and it has a fresh fuel filter. The edge was set on the 40 hp setting also. Just wondering if there are any ideas, before i take it to the dealer, once i let it sit for awhile i finished the drive home with no problems. Could it be the programing of the 2001?

thanks

Mark Rinker
05-29-2007, 21:31
Yes.

After many phantom overboost codes were set, and numerous TCM limps, my dealer swapped in a bone stock 2002 ECM I supplied them. The overboost codes and odd TCM limp problems went away. I have successfully run up to ~60hp total fuel and propane with more boost dialed in, on top of 2002 programming, while towing loads similar to what you've described.

bwoody
05-30-2007, 07:39
Mark,
Where did you get your 2002 ECM. And how did you make that work with different VIN numbers?

bwoody
06-01-2007, 15:37
Took the truck to the stealership today. Problem one, code 1271, and 1272. Also large fuel leak detected code. They cant get the acclereator pedal position sensor till next week, and they are thinking an injector is out again. They are going to run the tests on monday. They are trying to deal with the regional maganger and get it cleared to put all 8 in new again for the second time within 8000 miles. What could be going on that all this would come about? I change my fuel filter at least every 8000 miles, and i fill out of my personal tank, and that also has an external filter. Looks like its time to add secondary filtration. I am still interested in running 2002 programing, if any of you have done this please let me know how you can get it to work. Found some used ECM's on the internet for $150, how do you get around the VIN number's?

thanks