PDA

View Full Version : Need Part Name: Cooling

robertb6963
06-01-2007, 09:56
Anybody know what the name of the "push together" hose link (green) running from the water pump to the firewall, i think it's high pressure, not sure though. Mine is broke and shooting water everywhere and the Jeep is in for u-joint and cat(warranty), so any help would be very much app.

Thanks guys!

JeepSJ
06-01-2007, 12:58
That is one of your heater hoses.

robertb6963
06-01-2007, 14:04
Yea, but I onlyt need the piece that screws in to the water pump.(I think it is the water pump)

If you look at billschall's beautiful engine here: http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=390&si=engine (thanks Bill!!!)

It is between the oil filler neck and the intake. It is green and you need a rather large wrench to remove it. It has a plastic piece between it with a seal, my green thing broke and the plastic clip thing won't stay in it and it is shooting water out. It is the piece that connects the cast piece to the aluminum line.

Thanks again!!!

robertb6963
06-01-2007, 16:00
So does anybody know the name of the part?

DmaxMaverick
06-01-2007, 17:02
So does anybody know the name of the part?

You mean the real name?? Not sure. I've always asked for the "crossover heater hose coupler", and got the right part. It's been a few years. I couldn't locate one in the online catalogs, but will check my Alldata manual. If I find it, I'll let you know what they call it and possibly a part number.

DmaxMaverick
06-01-2007, 17:06
"Quick Connect Heater Inlet (or Outlet) Connector", according to the manual. No part numbers listed. It can be replaced with a barb fitting, if you don't want to mess with these things. Many do just that.

robertb6963
06-01-2007, 18:37
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!