PDA

View Full Version : whick vacuum lines to replace?

aquaman0001
06-01-2007, 12:30
Hello all,
Got the 0236 code accompanied by a slight surging while driving on the highway(2000 rpm +). So I replace the WG solenoid and everything was good for about 100 miles then the surging came back but worse this time around. I see references throughout the board about replacing the vacuum lines. Which ones,where are they located, and what sizes are they? Is there a sticky out there that I missed? Is it just the the hoses coming off the WG solenoid? And no I have not check for vacuum yet from the vacuum pump. The actuator does move when I start the engine. Just want to make sure I am looking at all the hoses(looking for cracks first).

Thanks
A

tommac95
06-01-2007, 18:47
>Is it just the the hoses coming off the WG solenoid?
Yes- the dealer diagram describes as a "harness" , implying conductors. I got my set from J. Kennedy. They bend around the thermo/FIP/Intake-Man toward the vac pump ... mine had abraded completely through. Approx 1/8" ID nylon pre-bent tubing. {on '95 , anyway}

aquaman0001
06-01-2007, 19:38
Ok,
I will look at the ends and inspect those lines...
Thanks
A

a5150nut
06-01-2007, 21:06
Ok,
I will look at the ends and inspect those lines...
Thanks
A

They get britle and crack. Sometimes hard to find. They join at the wastegate solinoid and on the right side of the motor they split, one to the turbo and the other goes to the vaccume pump. A temporary fix is to slip rubber vacume line over the bad spot.

bbtlr3
06-01-2007, 21:43
IMO we need to start the troubleshooting process. Check vacuumm at the wastegate first, should be about 25". If not good there then check before the wastegate solenoid. If not good there then check the vaccuum lines and replace if necessary. If they are good then your vacuum pump is probably bad. The lines to check: start at the wastegate actuator pod follow that line back to the wastegate solenoid on the rear of the drivers side valve cover then from there follow the other line from the wastegate solenoid to the vacuum pump on the pass side lower front of engine. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.