PDA

View Full Version : bullydog

MIKE MOG
06-01-2007, 19:58
Hi guy's
I havent posted in awile but i have a question. I run a 2003 d/a 4 door, 8 foot bed. I did some checking with Summit racing and they recommend a bulleydog, part no bdd1056550. I dont want to cook the ally and i tow about 10k. IM running all stock at this time. I thought about going with a programmer but really dont have the time to set one up so I thought a module would be the way to go. Would this also raise my egt's? and is it worth the cash to get one.
Mike

More Power
06-01-2007, 21:25
I'm kind of in the middle of testing a 4" exhaust system. First, I ran a series of towing test (on a 6% grade) to determine EGT while using the stock exhaust, both at a stock power setting and with an additional 70 hp (tow setting - a VanAaken module). EGT was almost exactly the same between the stock power level and the +70 (with the stock exhaust system), but the truck could maintain the MPH cruise setting of 65-mph with the +70.

My guess is that EGT won't change all that much when running the BullyDog, unless your conditions are quite a bit different than mine were (heavier load, or steeper grade or really leaning on it). :)

Jim

MIKE MOG
06-04-2007, 19:19
Thanks Jim,
I would like to install a power chip in my 2003, What would you recommend? I pull about 10k and I would like to get a plug and play unit. I would still like to have some extra power when not pulling. My alli is stock. I have Summit power equip about 1 hr from the house and Im going on vacation shortly. I would like to get a boost in the mountains.
Mike