PDA

View Full Version : died no start

beast
06-01-2007, 20:47
my 6.5 died and now is turning over real slow. voltage not the problem not the starter. will the ip cause this if its died. no trouble codes but i had a loose transitor problem a week before and no touble codes were thrown? the truck was running strong when i left the house then started running funny and then pulled down and died. the good thing is i have never seen a truck coast as far as this one will. im talking a long way! any way (help)?? by the way the temps never got above normal. 200-210 maybe. thanks in advance for any input

rameye
06-02-2007, 04:26
You may have lots of volts...because you're not flowing any amps!

I would breakdown ALL batt connections including the starter connection, ALL grounds...vigorously wire brush and clean the contacts and reinstall..before doing anything.

BTW your batts can also show great voltage at rest...and have nothing to give when needed.

The engine needs good voltage and starter RPM to fire off...once you get it spinning fast enough start eliminating other things..

Hows that starter??

beast
06-02-2007, 06:48
your probably right. i have been spining wrenches for 50 plus years and still bad to overlook the obvious. i always tell people to kiss and iss, keep it simpul stupid and it is simple stupid, but to many times fail to heed my on advice. i will let you know what i find when i find it. i think my main problem is me. haha. i want a new motor so i tend to blame it and so far its been electrical all the way. loose battery cables and the pmd transistors loose on the pmd. thanks and GOD bless. the old dummy

rameye
06-02-2007, 08:44
hey if you wanna re-power it dont let me stop you....5 minutes uphill no water will get r dun! :)

take care

PS...I'm my worst enemy also when it comes to this stuff.