PDA

View Full Version : Water In Fuel Message

Kingston
06-04-2007, 06:46
According to my 2001 diesel suppliment operators mannual the water in fuel warning light should breifly come on in the message center when I start the truck to verify the alerting system is working. Mine dose not do that? Should I assume my water sensing system is not fuctioning? Truck runs fine just came accross this when I was looking for something else.

DmaxMaverick
06-04-2007, 07:32
Not to worry (about that, anyway). Your supplement isn't entirely accurate with that, and other things as well. The only time I've seen mine (or other Duramax WIF's) is when I intentionally moved the float. I would not suggest anyone rely on the WIF in any case. I filled a filter with tap water (off of the engine) with the WIF sensor attached and it took a LOT of water, probably 1/2 full filter, to get it to light off. Even then, it took a considerable amount of agitation. We've heard many times GM dealers blame fuel system failures on wet fuel when the WIF was AWOL.

Kingston
06-05-2007, 05:23
Thanks for the info. I change my filter spring and fall and will verify the system does works at next filter change.