PDA

View Full Version : Injectors????

keplinger78
06-04-2007, 11:56
Hello All,

How can you tell the diffence between Marine and Std injectors? How much power is gained with the Marine ones?

Thanks Tom K.

john8662
06-04-2007, 15:12
The difference in the Nozzle size.

The marine injectors will improve performance when used with other performance products (air intake and exhaust, perhaps).

bbtlr3
06-04-2007, 21:26
It essentially provides more fuel at each injection event. That can improve power a little by itself but when coupled with improved airflow, ie intake & exhaust or better yet a slight boost increase, is when the marine injectors reach their full potential. To answer your question they look physically the same just slightly larger opening in the nozzzle as John said. Power will depend on what you have to go along with it. Kind of like putting a 850cfm carb on a stock gasser truck engine you might see a little improvement but the true potential doesn't come out until you complete the package with cam, compression, exhaust, ect..

RJ Performance
06-05-2007, 08:24
I agree with that last post, the injectors are great but without the marine style manual injection pump the pressures aren't high enough to hit the sweet spot. A lot of money for not much gain.

keplinger78
06-05-2007, 12:42
I agree with that last post, the injectors are great but without the marine style manual injection pump the pressures aren't high enough to hit the sweet spot. A lot of money for not much gain.

Ok,What is a Marine style pump? Mine is a 93 with a manual pump.
Thanks Tom K.

JohnC
06-05-2007, 14:46
The amount of fuel injected is controlled by the injection pump. Simply changing the injectors will have very little effect on that. You can affect the rate of injection, but the quantity of fuel remains unchanged, for all practical purposes.