PDA

View Full Version : New Pmd Problems

TAG
06-04-2007, 16:56
Hi all. Last year in feb i bought a new pmd from the gm dealer for a spare as i gave my old spare to a friend. The thing sat in my glove box until sept when i installed the new amg engine. I figured i would splurge & start new engine with new pmd. The old pmd was mounted on the upper intake for the last 2.5 years with no problems. When i changed the engine i moved the cooler to in front of driver side battery. From the first day the engine would do the occasional hiccup driving down the highway. In early feb this year it decided to die completely so i got a new one under warranty. Now end of may it decides to die again. Bought another new pmd & this time checked nuts on the backside. They were very loose so i tightened them up 1/2 turn. I checked the one i just removed & the nuts were looser yet. I then dug out another old one i had in the tool box. Those nuts also loose. Since i installed the new pmd 3 weeks ago the truck has not missed a beat. I dont know if it is related but am getting some of the best fuel mileage since i have owned this truck (six years). First 2 tanks were low 19s, last one was 20 on the nose. Moral of the story - check the nuts on the backside of the new ones too.

tommac95
06-04-2007, 23:00
Thanks , TAG.

Pretty scary Stanadyne won't do any QC!