PDA

View Full Version : 2001 rear transfer case half?

Mark Rinker
06-07-2007, 09:21
Looking for part number and possible online sources for the improved rear case half for 2001 Duramax/Allison pushbutton 4WD. Would prefer new, but a used (improved) rear half would also suffice if in clean and ready to install condition.

More Power
06-07-2007, 14:10
I recently installed the Merchant Automotive transfer case pump upgrade kit in my 2001 NVG-263 transfer case. Nice piece - billet aluminum CNC machined. Upon disassembly, I found my txfer case wasn't worn at 62,000 miles, but if a person waits till it begins leaking, it's too late and may risk ruining the entire transfer case by running with too little or no fluid.

As I recall, the upgrade part price is $250 plus incidentals...

Jim

Kennedy
06-08-2007, 06:49
There's a much simpler and less expensive solution that's been out for quite some time now. It's a $50 plate of stamped steel that takes care of this issue. I'll try to post some pics.

All of the ones that I have done showed no signs of issues, but I do it on all that I R&R for simple peace of mind.

Mark Rinker
06-08-2007, 08:22
After calling around, I ordered the improved GM half for $320. It was part of the deal for the '01 I just sold - new owner will do it himself. The old case was already leaking.