PDA

View Full Version : Replaced Injectors On 05 Normal?

gottagocamping
06-12-2007, 05:12
I have a 2005HD 6.6 Duramax with the Allison combo. It only has 39,000 miles on it. While drive normal at 65 mph the check engine light came on and went in to limp mode driving all of 15 mph. Towed the truck to the dealer and they are going to replace all the fuel injectors. I know others have this problem also because 30 min after I got to the dealer another truck came in with the same symptoms.
I have herd of problems with the 01 thru 03 fuel injectors but not much with the 05's. Is this the same problem as earlier models? Is this going to happen again and again as others have stated?
I will try to find out more when I pick up the truck from the dealer.

Duramaster
06-12-2007, 06:56
If you continue to have problems after the injector repair, You might have the technician verify that the "FUEL PRESSURE LIMITING VALVE" is working properly. It is located on the rear of the left fuel rail. I have had a few vehicles come in to the shop with low power complaints only to find that the fuel pressure limiting valve is "POPPING OFF" prematurely. This is usually caused by gunk in the fuel rail (so I've been told by GM TAC).

Of course you need to make sure that the fuel and air filters are in good shape. ;)

There is also such a thing as broken wiring in the #2 and #7 injector connectro at the connector itself. That would have shown itself as a DTC. Those DTC's usually shut down a whole group of cylinders (2,4,5,8 or 1,4,6,7 I believe). When this happens, the engine runs poorly but if the key is cycled the engine will sometimes "FIX" itself until the next failure happens.

DmaxMaverick
06-12-2007, 13:26
While it is not at all typical, "normal" statistical failures will happen. Even the most reliable vehicles have issues on ocasion. Remember, these things are still built by human design, and hands. It does no good to look for common problems. If they exist, they will find you.

rob from bc canada
06-12-2007, 21:54
The above symptoms sound more like #2 or #7 injector connector failure TSB 05-06-04-047B, or injector wiring harness rubthrough TSB 1735997 at Ficm support bracket.

Injector failures on 05's are very rare.

mark45678
06-13-2007, 20:46
The above symptoms sound more like #2 or #7 injector connector failure TSB 05-06-04-047B, or injector wiring harness rubthrough TSB 1735997 at Ficm support bracket.

Injector failures on 05's are very rare.

exactly my thoughts ! LLY and newer trucks have very few "failed injectors" but almost every truck on the road will need the injector pig tails replaced at some time. Limp mode, a missing feeling as it goes down the road are all tell tail signs.

gottagocamping
06-14-2007, 12:11
Well here is the latest, the dealership was wrong with the injectors having to be replaced. In fact the truck with the injector problem wasn