PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Tank filler opening

Calgary
06-12-2007, 14:36
I far too frequently find myself at a diesel pump thats equipped for highway rigs. Needless to say, the large fuel nozzle doesn't work that well with the stock tank opening and foam-over is a frequent issue.

I've hear that one can open up the filler spout to accomodate the large fuel nozzle.

Any information would be appreciated.

DmaxMaverick
06-12-2007, 15:27
Transferflow (http://www.transferflow.com/) offers an alternative fuel filler pipe. Costly, but it works. I haven't been able to make the cost meet the convenience, or I'd have one.

Dakster
06-13-2007, 19:16
In my Ford Diesel days they had a mod to the fuel tank called a harpoon mod where the vent pipe inside the tank was cut flush with the top of the tank. This prevented the dreaded foam issue and allowed you to fill your tank all the way to the top quicker... It required dropping the tank. I never did it.

Does such a mod exist for the GM trucks?

Like DMAX said, I couldn't justify the time spent for the convenience, much less the money transferflow wants for the filler tube. I'd rather use the money toward my fuel tank/toolbox combo...

DMAX-HD
06-14-2007, 11:42
That was my only complaint about my 03 D/A was that. Again cost vs. convienence.

On my 07.5 they've resolved it - and it's GREAT! (not to brag)

2tough2park
07-04-2007, 15:46
That's interesting. On my 1994 k3500 cc AND my 2006 k3500 cc BOTH had open necks for truck pumps. Makes fill ups at the East Coast awful fast. I can understand the light duty vehicles having restrictors. Heck, the restrictor in my 87 Maxima is just an insert that I could rip out if so inclined. That's strange you have a 3500 with a fuel restrictor.