PDA

View Full Version : Injector Lines

6.5 Detroit Diesel
06-13-2007, 12:07
Ran into a little trouble today. One injector line cracked on the turbo side. The truck has major power loss and is smoking like crazy. (I went to dump a load of shingles and the lady at the dump thought the shingles were on fire :eek: ) Driving down the highway I am leaving a cloud of gray-white smoke and upon popping the hood I can smell diesel. I have a set of injector lines of a 6.2. The lines seem to be bent to the proper contours; can I use one of them on the 6.5 safely?

gmctd
06-13-2007, 16:54
'90's 6.2 inj pipes are similar but smaller id, and maybe angles at injector end.

'92-'93 6.5 pipes are larger id for the turbo engines, which have more perpendicular injector angles to clear the turbo exhaust manifold.

If one of your 6.2 pipes fits, you can use it to get to the boneyard for a correct replacement.

6.5 Detroit Diesel
06-21-2007, 10:29
Okay, so a little disgusted but happy it's over. It turns out that it wasn't the injector line that was cracked but one of the return lines that runs between the injectors. Of course it is the one behind the turbo and heat shield and I reassembled everything before finding this out. I ended up paying $25 for 12 inches of rubber line to replace it. I was also told not to lose the little snap clamps on the ends of the line. The GM parts guy told me that they cost $20 each. Anyways, glad it's finally over.:)