PDA

View Full Version : 2001 DMAX after market controller

Duramaster
06-13-2007, 21:06
All RIGHT!!! Which one of you put that aftermarket controller in my DMAX Pick Up?!? Seriously, I have a 2001 CHEVY DMAX (IN the GMC shop) with what appears to be an aftermarket controller. The scanner ID shows a jumbled VIN. It almost looks like hyroglyphics! :p I didn't see a sticker on the ECM. The funny thing is that the CHEVY dealership wont touch the truck because of the aftermarket controller. The really funny thing is that the truck needs injectors. The truck has 201,000 miles on it and the injectors have never been touched! :D The really, really funny thing is the injectors are just JUNK. The #8 is dumping enough fuel to cause a knock but, no excessive smoke and three other injectors have balance rates out of spec.

Maybe, just maybe our AVM will good will the repair AND allow us to cross warranty the repair!! :o :::fingers crossed:::

Philsauto
06-13-2007, 22:44
Uhhh, the warranty on the injectors is 200k. Hopefully they will do a courtesy warranty beyond that because, wow, that is an expensive job.

Duramaster
06-14-2007, 22:00
Well, GM isn't going to fix it for him. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm................. maybe I should talk to this guy. ;)

SoTxPollock
06-15-2007, 11:03
What's an aftermarket controller? What does it control?

Duramaster
06-15-2007, 11:50
The engine control module (ECM) has an aftermarket program in it. GM SPS does not recognize the software that is in it. The ECM is also referred to as the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). ;)