PDA

View Full Version : OEM Hitch???

gillguy
06-15-2007, 08:52
I didn't think there were any problems with the newer OEM hitches.:confused: But over on RV Net some have said they've had them twist up or flex. On my '02 Suburban I had to replace it due to cracks on the welds.
Is any one noticed any problems with theirs?
I'd like to know as we are going to PA in July pulling a TT.

Thanks
BG

a5150nut
06-15-2007, 19:46
I was backing out of a driveway with a pintel hitch on mine. It hit the pavement and brought me to a stop. Bent it down. Wern't to hard to streighten it out with a two pound hammer. Don't think I will put much load on it though.............:(

gillguy
06-28-2007, 07:26
Well only one reply.
Guess no one is having problems with them.
Good to know since we will be towing our TT about 2K + miles in the next few weeks. I want need to replace it before our trip:D

Rick Henderson
06-28-2007, 07:52
I put a post on here about mine. It tore the hitch from the welded part on the tube. I had to replace it since it was almost touching the ground. Now I put almost 200,000 miles on it hauling a two car trailer across the US and Canada.

I always watched for cracks, but after going thru a road construction site in Seattle and hitting a large hole, it did mine in.

It was very easy to put on a new one. If I had some power tools, it would have taken all of 10 minutes.

I would have used the OEM hitch if I could have found one in a short amount of time, but the aftermarket one was available in such short notice.