PDA

View Full Version : MAP Sensor

randybailey
06-15-2007, 10:19
I was getting a P0106 Map Sensor Code. I put a new one on and now i am getting a P0108 which is high input. Since the MAP Sensor is not hooked to any hose, what would be giving the code?

Duramaster
06-15-2007, 11:52
Check the two big camlock connectors at the engine. See if any pins have backed out. Also look at the harness and see if it is chafed near the camlock connectors. ;)

killerbee
06-17-2007, 09:25
was the old one damaged in any way? can you do an ohms check on the old and/or the new one and post it here?

randybailey
06-28-2007, 06:27
Thanks for the reply guys, sorry it took so long to get back to you. The problem wasn't even the MAP sensor. The person who owned the truck before me had a Van Akan chip installed on it. The signal wire coming off the Turbo Psi sensor was going thru the chip module. i had taken the chip off of my truck due to some problems with it. At the time i didn't know where those two wires went to. i connected the two wires back together and havn't had the P0106 code since. I don't know why the Turbo Psi sensor don't have its code like the MAP sensor does. That will be a good one to remember that the Turbo Psi sensor and the MAP sensor are tied to the same code.

killerbee
06-28-2007, 06:49
Thanks for the update

your map sensor is the psi (boost) sensor.

so if I understand, your map sensor was disconnected. Yet you say you replaced the map sensor? You just didn't connect it?

do you still have the old map sensor?

randybailey
07-05-2007, 05:52
Once i figure out that the Turbo Sensor was my problem. i put the old Map Sensor back on because there wasn't anything wrong with it. i don't know what its purpose is but on the 2001 duramax it is on the right side under the two big electrical connectors and the Turbo Sensor is on the left side on the intake.

killerbee
07-05-2007, 09:34
Once i figure out that the Turbo Sensor was my problem. i put the old Map Sensor back on because there wasn't anything wrong with it. i don't know what its purpose is but on the 2001 duramax it is on the right side under the two big electrical connectors and the Turbo Sensor is on the left side on the intake.

I am confused. IIRC, on the LB7, the MAP sensor is on the metal tube that leads to the intake manifold.

What is a "turbo sensor"?

None of these should be confused with MAF sensor, on the black plastic intake tube on the passenger side, near the air box..

randybailey
07-06-2007, 10:59
i think they may have changed some things after the 2001 models. The technican at the dealer showed me where the Map Sensor was on my truck and it is under the two big electrical connectors on the right side of the truck and there is no vacuum hose hooked up to it. Thats what he told me. I looked on some newer models and the Map Sensor is not at the same position as my truck. As for the Turbo Sensor which is on the left side of the truck I had the dealer run the part number on the sensor and they told me it was the Turbo Sensor. Sorry if you are confused.

Rabbler
07-14-2007, 00:09
The one on the intake is the MAP sensor but is called Boost pressure sensor. Same difference.
I think the other sensor is the BARO sensor. it doesn't have a vacuum hose on it because it measures ambient air pressure (like a barometer)
The 2 sensors work together. the boost pressure/MAP sensor needs to know what ambient air pressure is so it can tell the difference between boost and Vacuum. Pressure below ambient is considered vacuum, above ambient is considered pressure or boost.