PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Sub - OEM Tow Mirrors

dondandd
06-16-2007, 17:28
Hi everyone. I'm new to the diesel world, but recently picked up a 1997 Chevy Suburban K1500 6.5l TD. The Sub came with large towing mirrors. They are a tripod mount design, that bolt to the side of the door. My passenger side mirror glass is broken, and I need to find a replacement. I'm wondering if they are a factory option, or if someone added them. It almost appears that they are mounted to bosses that are factory built into the door. I asked one dealer, who said he could get the mirror glass, but their computer system apparently doesn't have pictures, and he couldn't tell me if they were the same style mirrors as mine. I also haven't been able to find similar styles online.

Hopefully someone out there can clue me in on whether this really was a factory option. I'm not sure if this link will work, but here is a picture of my vehicle and the mirrors: http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2130732760014811633aghfgr

Thanks for any help.
Don.

redbird2
06-16-2007, 20:57
those are factory style mirrors had the same mirrors on all of my 1 ton dually pickups, I remember are 1976 crew cab had the same mirrors. Call you local windshield shop they can replace the glass or you should be able to pick up at bone yard with out much problems

oh yeah the picture link did work

good luck

dondandd
06-18-2007, 21:11
Thanks very much! I'll check with the local glass place tmw and see. And it DOES look like Rock Auto carries them, but only under the 1 tons, and replacement glass only, not a full assembly. Sure will make maneuvering the trailer easier with the 2nd mirror!

Don.