PDA

View Full Version : Kelderman Air Ride

tanker
06-18-2007, 19:32
Just returned from a trip out to the Midwest, stopping in Oskaloosa IA. and having our travel trailer fitted with the Kelderman Air Ride suspension. What a big difference that made in the ride. We have broken two large TV's and one small portable crashed through a wall from the rough ride in the past three years. Now everything stays put even plastic placemats left on the table, are still on the table when we finish our trip at days end. In the mirror's it looks like the trailer is levitating on rough roads.
It took about 6 hours to install in their shop. They are the best group of people in the service business that we have ever met.
If you are having issues with the roads jolting your rig, I would suggest you look into installing this suspension.
They can put air ride on your trucks rear and also front axle. They have a Cadillac Escalade, and a GMC Denali with their air ride on all four's. Everything they own is air ride equipped.

Craig M
06-19-2007, 10:31
They had a display at the SEMA show last year. Did a couple of 4500 Kodiacs as I recall. Had some very nice air ride conversions for all 3 truck manufacturers. Cost were not cheap as I recall, But to get 1500 ride quality on a 4500 may be a good way to go.

tanker
06-19-2007, 20:14
I looked long and hard at different types of air rides for our travel trailer, and I settled for the Kelderman over two other brands, which were cheaper. However Kelderman's video sold me. I think that Kelderman takes about 75% of the shock out of the trailer, and the others are in the 25% range. If I had deeper pockets! I would have let them do my 3500 on the rear. That would always maintain a level ride no matter what load I had, but maybe some other time. The GM trucks have the best stock ride of the big three trucks.
They can put air ride on almost any type vehicle. We are very pleased with the ride and the nice service people they employ.

Mountainman
06-19-2007, 22:11
Had Kelderman put on the rear of my '92 Dodge dually right in my driveway. It was the 2 bagger. !3 years of trouble free smooth ride. Not one glitch. If my Duramax didn't ride so nice, I'd put one on it. Jim B.