PDA

View Full Version : Engine died on Interstate

tanker
06-18-2007, 19:48
While towing down I-39 in Wisconsin last Wed. I lost power and it went into a limp mode, along with a lot of clatter. Thought I broke something in the valve train. "OnStar" did a diagnosis and said it could be an injector and an injector control module. After camping out at a fast food place I had the truck towed into a GMC dealer the next morning and they found that the wire harness rubbed through on the alternator bracket, and also had to replace a wire connector on #7 injector. They said this was in a technical service bulletin. They gave me a loaner car and had me back on the road in the afternoon.
I think if this is that common it should be a recall. I'm glad it didn't conk out to the Chicago Skyway.

More Power
06-18-2007, 20:37
We've heard of loose connections on LB7 injectors, and in a couple of instances, a wiring related problem. But overall, the electrical reliability has been pretty good. None the less, it wouldn't be a bad idea for owners to look at the wiring harnesses in the area of the FICM to check for a possible future wear-through on the insulation.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

Jim

Duramaster
06-19-2007, 07:05
It's too bad the dealer didn't do the WHOLE repair. The bulletin is for both the #2 and #7 injector connector. Either you or GM paid for the kit that has BOTH connectors and support brackets in it. :::::thank you dealership in Wisconsin for giving dealers another black mark!::::: :D

beeler
06-19-2007, 08:05
It's too bad the dealer didn't do the WHOLE repair. The bulletin is for both the #2 and #7 injector connector. Either you or GM paid for the kit that has BOTH connectors and support brackets in it. :::::thank you dealership in Wisconsin for giving dealers another black mark!::::: :D

But nobody would know if it wasn't for guys like you tattling on them. Just kidding. Thanks for the good info you put out for us. Makes life a little easier to have some real facts now and then.

Duramaster
06-20-2007, 06:46
Hey no problem Beeler! ;) Everyday I see more and more as to the reason why "YOU GUYS/ GIRLS" refer to them as the "STEALERSHIP"! :(

I need to open my own DMAX shop! :D :D

tanker
06-21-2007, 02:35
I would like to add something to this. I had just left John Kennedy's about 2 1/2 hours prior to this problem. Picked up some Bilsteins, a supply of filters and fuel additive. (No John hadn't worked on my truck!!) However after being towed to the GMC dealer "Stark Automotive" in Sun Prairie WI. I left a message with John Kennedy to see if he could shed some light on my problem. He returned my call and told me about the injector connector's that others have had issues with. John sure is on top of the "Duramax" information highway. Its nice to know John and his concern for helping others, Thank you again John.