PDA

View Full Version : SOL'D 5 Month/10K Miles

rjwest
08-30-2005, 12:13
I installed a SOL'D 5 months ago. I had requested
technical info from REMARK ( Manufacturer of SOL'D)in regards to the Electronic Driver. After I explained I live in Florida and drive mostly with a Truck Camper, they were nice enough to allow me to try a unit for evaluation. My experience is as follows.

Installed a SOL

Barry Nave
08-31-2005, 19:23
Almost missed this post.
Thanks rjwest. Getting close to 8k on mine.
Starts like a dream,HOT or cold.
Mounted on intake. Side note: using a inferay heat gun the SOL-D has alway match under hood temps. I don't have an intercooler but the SOL-D still runs cooler then the intake or at times the same.
My water system is only for power when needed. Run to much Alky. Just to the point of rattle :D
ALT. runs hotter.
There some good reading on what to use when mounting a FSD to a cooler. tongue.gif ;)

bertram31
09-01-2005, 02:11
If the SOL-D is half as good as their customer service, then I made a very wise decision. I called them yesterday from Guam. I am stationed in the military here. I asked about shipping quickly to a Florida address and they said no problem. I checked FEDEX today and item has already being shipped and should be in Florida by tomorrow. WOW! talk about service. Note my previous post "why buy a 6.5" I have located a Burb that by all indications appears to be well maintained. Being in Guam I have not had the luxury of extensive inspections or surveys, but am relying on the integrity of the owner and eyeballs of a few local contacts. Burb has 119K, clean carfax report and overall condition is excellent. No rust, dents, or obvious signs of abuse or neglect. I am very impressed with the technical level and candid exchange of personal information and experience with the 6.5

rjwest
09-01-2005, 09:29
bertram I'm in N.E. florida anything I can do. ?

bertram31
09-01-2005, 10:05
RJWEST, thanx for the offer. My son lives in Tampa and we will visit him mid Sept. I plan to fly to MD $50 one-way, pickup Burb and drive back to Tampa. Then give it DAS shipping and have them ship to me here in Guam. My email is: bertramroland@yahoo.com Shoot me your tele # and if I run into a snag I will contact you. Thanx. r/ Roland