PDA

View Full Version : no power

colorsink
06-21-2007, 12:08
i have no power when i turn the key on blower doesnt work 4 ways dont work and my power locks dont work i have nice bright headlights though. batterys are new. i am thinking i have a problem in my ignition switch. does anyone have a wiring diagram for the ignition so i can check it? my truck is an 86 burban 6.2 4x4 thanx

redbird2
06-21-2007, 17:00
don't have diagram if my poor memory serves me correctly all the power for that will come from the starter up to the power buse connector on the drivers side fire wall and from there it will leave thru several fuseable links i would start right there and make sure the links are not bad.

4 ways will get power from the fuseabel link feeding the hot side of the fuse panel or hot side of the haz fuse same for the link I think for the electric door locks I hope this helps

4 way and door lock don't go thru the ignition switch

good luck

Robyn
06-21-2007, 17:31
yes yes

All the power leaves the starter area just as Red Bird mentioned.
The fusable links can and do go bad over time.
Most likely you have one that took a poop

colorsink
06-21-2007, 18:51
ok were are they located at exactly?

redbird2
06-22-2007, 07:40
the power stud is located on drivers side half of firewall it will be a single stud mounted in plastic with several wire connected to it the fuseable links are the ones with the larger shrink tube area's not far form the stud they kinda look like splice connection
hope this helps

colorsink
06-22-2007, 11:50
yes it helps alot. can i just bypass them or do i have to go to the dealer and get them and also how do you test them. thanx