PDA

View Full Version : Injector Service?

Oldbuc
06-21-2007, 14:31
Just returned from the local Chevy dealer, where I got my state inspection done.
I've got a 2002 LB7 with over 87,000 miles. The injectors were changed out at 66,000. The service manager was pushing a "new product" that they just started to carry. It's a Wynn's injector cleaner system that hooks to the fuel rail. Thay claim that it will increase power & fuel miliage.

Has anyone on the forum tried this Wynn's injector cleaner & is it worth paying for, or is just a moneymaker for the dealership?

More Power
06-21-2007, 17:31
Welcome to the board!

I haven't tried it... I'm a bit surprised a GM dealer would push a fuel additive/treatment that isn't approved by GM...

Jim

D-max Man
06-27-2007, 13:03
I have seen this before, they actually disable the fuel system (Clamp off supply & return hoses) and run the truck on a can of highly consentrated cleaner until the can runs out. Then they hook the fuel system back up and send you on your way.

It works pretty well for removing varnish from inside the injectors but it will only increse power & mileage that was lost due to varnish build up in your injectors. In other words, it will get your mileage/performance back to where it was but it won't add mileage/performance.

Craig M
06-27-2007, 18:16
With only 21,000 miles on your new injectors this would seem a bit premature to need this type service.