PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

HUTCH45
06-21-2007, 15:20
Hello to Everybody,
My name's Hutch, I'm from Northern California, and I'm about to re-enter the world of diesel power. I've ordered an '07 Silverado Classic, LBZ - Allison 6spd. - DRW - 4X4 - blah, blah, and I'll be picking it up next Wednesday.
I've also ordered a NEW HORIZONS 34' "MotoMover", (ToyHauler), with a 15K GVWR that'll be done in August, (Junction City, Kansas), so after gettin' the Prodigy P3 installed, and some DeeZee full-length boards, I'll throw in my dog, a clean pair of Bib-Overalls, hook up my Motorcycle/Sidecar rig trailer, and break the truck in gently during the drive from my home to Kansas.
Really glad to have found this forum....have seen some expert opinions/advice here...and I look forward to meeting you folks in the months to come.
Thanks for having me,

88 K30
06-21-2007, 19:37
Welcome aboard! You'll be happy with the D-Max/Allison. It's a great combination. I wish I had one to use regularly...

Mountainman
06-21-2007, 23:16
Hey Hutch, welcome aboard! Looks like you're gonna' have a super rig!

OK, there has to be a story that goes with the hack! They just don't happen much anymore. You can tell us. Jim B.

HUTCH45
06-22-2007, 01:15
Hey Hutch, welcome aboard! Looks like you're gonna' have a super rig!
"....OK, there has to be a story that goes with the hack! They just don't happen much anymore. You can tell us...." Jim B.

Thanks you guys for the welcome!

Thanks for asking Jim, and you're right..there ain't too many of these on the road.
I've been riding bikes since '65, (yeah..I'm an oldster), flattracked 40" Triumphs during the late '60s early 70s, blah, blah, but in 2001 I had an accident on the job that required a total of three, (3), 10-level spinal fusions, (T8 - S1), and left me with kinda' shaky balance from being so stiff from the waist up. Finally last year, I tried two wheels, but at the first stop sign, I realized that any little slip & I was on my a--!

So...my quick brain sprang into action Jim, and I realized that I'd never fallen off a "THREE-Legged Bar-Stool", (ahem):rolleyes: , so the Sidecar 3rd.wheel lets me ride comfortably and my Boxer dog 'Jake' loves it! My new 5th. wheel will have a 9.5' garage for the rig.

Bike = American Honda 108hp. VTX1800..(Sold my '96 'Fatboy'..:( ..)
Sidecar = Hannigan Motorsports "Classic"

Sorry you asked?...;)
Thanks again for the welcome folks.

Mountainman
06-22-2007, 06:32
"Old" is a term we don't mention too often but I started the two wheel thing in'47 and went thru a bunch of the "Limeys" including Matchless, Triumph Terriers, Cubs and Speed Twins. First flat tracker was HD WR, then Gold Star and finally a Triumph unit 500. Got smart. Got out.

HUTCH45
06-22-2007, 14:41
"Old" is a term we don't mention too often but I started the two wheel thing in'47 and went thru a bunch of the "Limeys" including Matchless, Triumph Terriers, Cubs and Speed Twins. First flat tracker was HD WR, then Gold Star and finally a Triumph unit 500. Got smart. Got out.

You sir have definitely been there! I'd have paid at least a nickel to back a 'Goldstar' into turn 3. Man what a monster.
My last Triumph was a unit T-120 - Trackmaster frame - Cerianis - Betor rear shocks - Total Loss Ignition, etc. Those WERE the days my friend...thank God I'm around to enjoy my new Diesel and 5ver.;)