PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Feed Line

6.5 Detroit Diesel
06-21-2007, 18:10
:mad: Dang, it's like one thing after the other. This afternoon the turbo oil supply line decided to break right in half. It dumped most of the engine oil into the driveway in a very short amount of time. :eek: This is the little rubber coupler that runs in between the two metal tubes. Does anyone know if this is a high pressure line? The part has to be ordered out of the States and I need the truck sooner than that. Can I use a piece of hydraulic line?

redbird2
06-21-2007, 18:14
most of them are Stainless steel pressure will be what ever your truck engine makes, if you can get the correct ends you could make you own line to get you by

dieseldummy
06-21-2007, 19:22
What you are describing sounds like the oil drain. If that's the case a piece of 3/4" heater hose will work in a pinch. It really should have silicone hose.

j_k_auto
06-21-2007, 19:44
Yea I think he is talking about the return line near the oil pan. It is about 2 inches long. I need to replace mine to while I have my engine apart. Gm does not have that part and can't get it:eek: . I wonder what the deal is with this to.:mad:

6.5 Detroit Diesel
06-21-2007, 23:27
Thanks for the replies as I am leaving in the morning on a two week road trip and I told my friend I would leave my truck for her to use. I have some hydraulic line that should fit, so I will probably use that. It does seem weird that this piece would be hard to get though....