PDA

View Full Version : OBD II Scan Tool and a lot more....

More Power
08-30-2005, 15:28
http://www.scanguage.com/

I've heard some good things about this.

Jim

slagona
08-31-2005, 03:15
Looks like a great product. It also has the ability to SEND commands. 10 commands can be entered into the system and saved. You would then send any one of the commands manually and receive the response. Anyone know the actual TDC LEARN command? I would think you could do that - TDC Offset probably not..... Maybe using a series of 3-4 commands (if you knew what they were) to inquire, move, and set the TDC Offset????

GMC Hauler
08-31-2005, 03:33
I read the online instruction manual. It appears that the commands are a long series of letters and numbers... not to easy to guess. Someone would basically have to decode the information sent by a tech II to figure this out. Unless they provide the commands, that part is pretty much useless.

patrick m.
08-31-2005, 16:39
There is only one scan tool company that has "Bi-latteral" control capability with GM products to date. That company is "Vetronix", they built the tech-I, and tech-II for GM.
Anyone who has a tech-II can scan, actuate, and program any OBD-II GM vehicle. Including many functions on GM Medium duty (up to the 7500 series).

(The early tech-II was farmed out to "Hewlet Packard" by Vetronix to build the physical unit, but Vetronics soon took over production.

Dimsdale
08-31-2005, 16:51
With all due respect, I am following GMC Hauler's lead and getting the AuteEnginuity software/hardware. It looks as though it can handle the bidirectional controls of engine, drivetrain, body and chassis, not to mention giving you readouts and the ability to record and review datalogs.

I figure it will pay for itself after about three uses. Less if you consider the time lost from work to go to the dealer.

I have the AutoTap program, but they do not seem to be interested in the GM Diesel, nor do they have any plans to implement bidirectional controls. That's a lose/lose proposition for me. I have waited long enough. AutoEnginuity showed that it can be done, and at a fraction of the price of a Ventronix or Tech 2.