PDA

View Full Version : ENGH Motors program setup..........

Warren96
06-27-2007, 09:55
How do I install the license in the folder with the GMTDscan?

piersbc
06-27-2007, 11:21
From what I remember you have to find where you saved the program on your computer and then put the license file in the same folder...and maybe rename it too?? You can always email Stefan too..

j_k_auto
06-27-2007, 11:50
From what I remember you have to find where you saved the program on your computer and then put the license file in the same folder...and maybe rename it too?? You can always email Stefan too..

Yea I agree, if you read your email it tells you step by step what to do. you hav to rename it and put it where you installed it. Just take your time and read it slowly. You will get it. It took me awhile to get it to.:)

Warren96
06-28-2007, 05:16
OK, I think I got as far as renaming it ,and having them both on the screen at the same time. My problem is I can't copy and paste the license into GMTDscan. The license is currently in an E mail and and GMTDscan is on my desktop. I apoligize for asking such a stupid question,but I am not very computer savy.

piersbc
06-28-2007, 11:07
Save the license attachment to your desktop...then you can cut and paste it to the folder that the GMTDScan is in.

Warren96
06-28-2007, 12:38
Both on the desktop?

piersbc
06-29-2007, 10:44
The software should have saved to a folder on your computer...wherever you told it to or wherever it defaulted to. Then save the lic. file to your desktop and from the desktop you can rename it or whatever it was you have to do to it...then copy it and paste it in the same folder that the GMTDScan application is in. I'll try to look at mine when I get home tonight.

Update: You should have saved the GMTDScan in C:\Program Files\GMTDScan Tech. That is where you will want to put put the GMTDST.lic

SwedeBurb
06-30-2007, 06:16
The license is currently in an E mail and and GMTDscan is on my desktop.
Based on that comment I'm guessing you have an older version of GMTDScan Tech. In v1.1.0.0 (released March 4) the software registration procedure was changed to no longer use lic files. From that version, and up, one now enters the information manually in a registration form.

Update to the latest version of GMTDScan Tech (v1.1.1.0, released May 9) and then PM or send me an e-mail and I'll send you your licensing information again.

To update click "Help -> Check latest version" in the top menu bar. Then click the download button that appears. After the download run the setup to install the latest version.

/Stefan