PDA

View Full Version : stalling

Todulfin
06-28-2007, 13:29
We are traveling in Mexico and have started stalling at idle or slow speeds especially when air conditioner is on. We went to GMC in Chetumal and they ran the truck on the computer and came up with 9 error codes (P0336,P1223,P1226,P1229,P1234,P1235,P1238,P1241,P 1244). They replaced the camshaft position sensor but the problem continues.This process has taken 4 weeks already and the truck still isn't fixed. Can anyone give us any suggestions?!

Dakster
06-28-2007, 16:25
What truck do you have? It would help us, help you out... I'll ask the obvious questions first. Have you checked the fuel quality, fuel filter, and the WIF separator?

Is it smoking bad (overfueling) or does it seem to lean out until in stalls? Not knowing whether old or new, could be cracked fuel lines allowing air in...

I'm sure someone here has seen that particular number of codes/types will point you in the right direction. I only know the inherently obvious that applies to all motors...

Todulfin
06-29-2007, 14:08
We have 2001 GMC HD Duramax 6.6L LB7. It is stalling at slow speeds or at an idle after it has been driven, and will usually restart immediately and always within a minute. The check engine light doesn't come on. When it was hooked to the computer we got 9 error codes which I posted yesterday. We have now replaced the fuel filter, the camshaft position sensor, cleaned the air injector, the fuel injectors and the fuel line but it continues to stall. We have gone to a GMC dealer in Mexico but they have no experience with diesels. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kennedy
06-30-2007, 07:17
Any aftermarket devices installed?

How's your fuel filter(s)?

Todulfin
06-30-2007, 08:46
:( Yes we have several aftermarket add ons...Edge Performance Chip, AFC air filter and US Gear exhaust brake with 4 inch exhaust. And yes we just had the fuel filter changed.

nbloecher@yahoo.com
06-30-2007, 11:41
Pull the Edge.

guerrero
09-26-2009, 11:08
My 2005 LLY with pre OEM CAT fuel filtration and Edge Juice Attitude has begun stalling at low speeds and during braking. Engine can be restarted immediately with no check engine lights. When restarted the Edge Attitude display remains blank or shows all zeros in the quad view. Edge is installed just behind the fuse box. Engine temp at time of stall was 190F with ambient temp of 88F. Fuel filters are changed about every 1000 gal of diesel burned. Engine has 43K miles but sees little use. The Ally tranny began "rough shifting" after the second stall.
After reading the posts here I am considering:
1. Unplugging the Juice which I have had installed since truck was new with no problems.
2. Replacing both fuel filters.
If the Edge is the problem is there a solution that will allow continued Edge use?
Does the fuel water sensor cause the engine to shut down and not give some sort of warning light?

DmaxMaverick
09-26-2009, 12:01
My 2005 LLY with pre OEM CAT fuel filtration and Edge Juice Attitude has begun stalling at low speeds and during braking. Engine can be restarted immediately with no check engine lights. When restarted the Edge Attitude display remains blank or shows all zeros in the quad view. Edge is installed just behind the fuse box. Engine temp at time of stall was 190F with ambient temp of 88F. Fuel filters are changed about every 1000 gal of diesel burned. Engine has 43K miles but sees little use. The Ally tranny began "rough shifting" after the second stall.
After reading the posts here I am considering:
1. Unplugging the Juice which I have had installed since truck was new with no problems.
2. Replacing both fuel filters.
If the Edge is the problem is there a solution that will allow continued Edge use?
Does the fuel water sensor cause the engine to shut down and not give some sort of warning light?

#1 is your problem. Remove the box and contact Edge for an update. Also, read your DTC history. There may be an old or silent code that may tell you something.

Do #2, for any reason, or no reason at all. Keep your filters fresh.

The WIF sensor does nothing but trigger the WIF lamp. If it's on, you have water in your fuel or an electrical issue. The sensor will not cause running issues, but the reason it comes on might. Enough water to cause a stall will not allow a restart, and cause a bunch of other problems leaving you reaching for your wallet.