PDA

View Full Version : Still shift problem

lee5
07-11-2007, 18:22
I have rebuilt the complete trans put new sols. in it twice, changed the input sensor, changed the tps, tcm, checked all grounds, looked for bare wires, and new battery cables. This has resulted in shifts going alright as long as you don't exceed 2300 rpm's when starting from a stop it will shift everytime. If you exceed 2300 it will default out of 3rd but let off the fuel it will go back into thrid now but will not shift into overdrive. Had the hard codes erased out of the tcm that had set. If you stop the truck turn off the key it will then go through the shift pattern without default as long as you keep the rpm's down. Before I but the output sensor or the vsb does anyone have anything else I can do.

Robyn
07-11-2007, 21:09
Have you tried using a different TPS. PPS
If that does not cure it I am thinking this may be a computer problem.

Does it still toss codes??

damork
07-12-2007, 07:30
Check the output sensor tip for debris / contamination. Look at your wiring harness that feeds the tail lites and the grounds under the truck near the rear - wiring harness usually has grounds back there that must be clean and tight. My trailer harness connector was badly corroded causing a whole bunch of problems and replacing it solved most of the problems.

Another area I have overlooked for years just because I didn't know about it was the heater blower motor ground. It is a terrible design and the tab connecting to the heater motor itself is not a good ground. I rewired and anchored the ground to the instrument panel support bar with heavy wires and grounded them all.