PDA

View Full Version : 95 Tahoe -> 10 bolt to 14 bolt SF ?'s

coinball
07-16-2007, 13:00
I got a 14 bolt SF sitting at home now, and I'm curious as to what I need to do for E-brake cables (and anything else for that matter).

I know I need new U-bolts, I'm assuming I just get some to fit the donor vehicle.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Ebrown
07-16-2007, 21:28
You "might" have to move the spring mounts depending on what the 14sf came from ( hd 1/2 , LD 3/4, Chevy Van) I'm not to sure with the e-brake you should compair the 10 bolt to the 14 bolt. Remove the drums and see what different and you "might" have to shorten the rear drive shaft. Measure do you know what the axle came from and what the gear ratio is and if it matches the front axle if you have 4x4?

coinball
07-17-2007, 06:23
AFAIK - I need a 1350 U-joint, and new U bolts since the axles tubes are way bigger. The spring perches should be in the same location for all trucks, it's the 14 bolt FF that has the different perch locations, IIRC. I have a MIG & TIG at home so that isn't an issue even if they are different.

I was hoping someone on the board actually had one in their truck...but perhaps I'm in the minority with this rear end...