PDA

View Full Version : LMM Truck popularity

Tractorhauler
07-17-2007, 07:28
Those of you who have them....How are you liking the new LMM 2007 Trucks?

More Power
07-17-2007, 08:00
I got some seat time in an LMM over the weekend. My impression was that it is a completely different truck, when compared to the GMT-800. Everything feels different - better. Ride quality, drive-ability, power delivery, interior quality and aesthetics, as well as just looking around while driving. :)

Jim

Tractorhauler
07-17-2007, 08:15
My salesman told me that the LMM Truck has a 3 inch wider stance, is that true?

Mark

diegojp
07-17-2007, 12:31
The truck in my sig is my 5th Chevy thruck and my 3rd Silverado. I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the NBS LMM. I don't have a single complaint. The power is awesome and all the bells and whistles that I thought I didn't want are great. The back-up sensor thing is really cool, makes turning around in tight spots a piece of cake. The truck is quiet, super comfortable and looks awesome. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.

Tractorhauler
07-17-2007, 12:52
How are the Stock tires that came with it? Are they the 265 17" ?

Thanks,

Mark

DMAX-HD
07-17-2007, 13:04
Love mine - upgraded from an 03 D/A

jharden1
07-17-2007, 13:21
No doubt about it, a better truck. I had a 04 1/2 LLY CC SB. Visibility is better in all directions.

More Power
07-17-2007, 13:35
The Chevy 2500HD LMM CC-longbox I drove was equipped with LT245/75R16 tires... :rolleyes:

Jim

diegojp
07-17-2007, 15:48
How are the Stock tires that came with it? Are they the 265 17" ?

Thanks,

Mark

Yes they are the 265/70r17- They are Bridgestone "Duramasters", or something like that.
Ask me in another 15,000 miles about their performance. I've never been too happy with the stock tires on these trucks, they seldom last beyond 15K miles and I am not optimistic that these will either, going on past experience. So far they ride well and hold air pressure, not much else I can say at this point. They are more of a mud and snow tire than an all terrian as claimed.

NutNbutGMC
07-17-2007, 16:53
The truck in my sig is my 5th Chevy thruck and my 3rd Silverado. I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the NBS LMM. I don't have a single complaint. The power is awesome and all the bells and whistles that I thought I didn't want are great. The back-up sensor thing is really cool, makes turning around in tight spots a piece of cake. The truck is quiet, super comfortable and looks awesome. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.What power? I ask in regards to the fact that it's 5 HP rated over the LBZ. Just curious.

I am interested to see how the LMM shakes out. Hope all goes very well as compared to the LB7s.

Kennedy
07-17-2007, 19:05
I tuned/sat/rode in a Chevy crew cab LTZ today. Let'sjust say I hope it grows on me as I liked the earlier looks much better. The knobs brought back memories. Somewhere I have an old Sears mobile/base CB radio with the same style rubber tire knobs. The interior reminded me a lot of the F150. The rubber/naugahide feel doesn't do it for me. Too coarse a texture. The interior door handle is in the wrong spot.

The Powertrain is pretty sweet, but so is the Classic LBZ config.

I hope to check out the GMC soon. I'll be ordering a 2008 and moving the 2007 down the road. If the 08 doesn't grow on me I'll look at the possibility of changing the 05 to the LBZ control system as I REALLY like that truck...

Dakster
07-17-2007, 19:20
Love mine. No serious complaints, a few little complaints that I hope will TSB out, mainly with the NAV. Also, I now have 3k miles on it. I'm in the mountains and for some reason I notice it sounds more like a diesel than when I first got it. :confused:

Not a bad sound, just more like a diesel. Powerwise, hands down better than the 6.0 Denali and 6.0 Suburban I had, I can't compare too much with the outgoing LBZ. (I never owned an earlier chevy diesel) I like the ride height of the 4x4 - I actually have to use the sidesteps to comfortably get in. For some reason the 3500's seem higher than the 2500's, Non-Z71 to Non-Z71.

As an update I have had no problems finding ULSD and I still don't have any soot buildup on the tailpipe, despite mountain driving...

Yes, the backup sensors help in the turnaround in tight spots, which I find is most of the time since this is one loooonnnngggg beast to park.

iljusin
07-17-2007, 21:14
I heard that Dodge and Ford have some issues with regeneration. How about LMM? How often it happens? How long it takes to regenerate?

OC_DMAX
07-18-2007, 05:48
Wonder if GM managed to fix the steering wheel rattle that is associated with the intermediate steering shaft ?

Kennedy
07-18-2007, 06:48
this is one loooonnnngggg beast to park.

The only way to go! The only reason my 2007 is EC short is because it came in my color and is a short term truck for me. If GM had made the LBZ crews in Sandstone I'd have one (keeper) now in place of my 2005. For now it looks like the 2005 stays and the 2007 goes this fall. Too bad she won't let me have 4 of these trucks...

diegojp
07-18-2007, 21:15
What power? I ask in regards to the fact that it's 5 HP rated over the LBZ. Just curious.

Yep, you're right, it has no power at all, a real dog, just like the LBZ. :rolleyes: Feel better now?

DmaxMaverick
07-18-2007, 21:34
"What's with all these negative vibes, man? Just relax and let it flow....."

(Donald Sutherland, Kelly's Heros)

Ramster21
07-18-2007, 23:48
I still don't like the looks of the truck. I work at a Chevy dealership and test drive and function check all LMM's and other vehicles. Compared to my stock LBZ, it's apples and oranges. The LMM just flat gets it done, still investigating what else was done. The throttle response and everything about the performance is just off the hook. Driving it put a big smile on my face.:D If you have a 2004 and older Duramax, you might want to take it for a spin, you might be trading it in, unless you've moded your D-max out.
I wouldn't mind upgrading, but my LBZ is just too much fun right now.
Good luck and enjoy the D-max revolution

Dakster
07-19-2007, 05:20
The only way to go! The only reason my 2007 is EC short is because it came in my color and is a short term truck for me. If GM had made the LBZ crews in Sandstone I'd have one (keeper) now in place of my 2005. For now it looks like the 2005 stays and the 2007 goes this fall. Too bad she won't let me have 4 of these trucks...

You're absolutely right, it is the only way to go... Just a comment for those who like to park "head-in" and turn around in a residential street without backing up. It let me take a whole bunch of extra gear on vacation and I love being able to haul plywood/drywall with the tailgate closed....

On Edit: No problems with regens, sometimes I can tell when they are happening by either fuel mileage dropping and/or sound of the motor. In the mountains on vacation I bet I've been passively regenerating alot, which may be why I haven't seen a long stretch of the mileage drops. As far as how long it lasts, a lot of that depends on whether you are doing short trips or long drives. If you were not looking at your fuel MPG driving steady, you wouldn't even notice a regen. I can't tell you how many I've had to date, I'd need a TECH2 to do that...

Kennedy
07-19-2007, 06:32
I still don't like the looks of the truck. I work at a Chevy dealership and test drive and function check all LMM's and other vehicles. Compared to my stock LBZ, it's apples and oranges. The LMM just flat gets it done, still investigating what else was done. The throttle response and everything about the performance is just off the hook. Driving it put a big smile on my face.:D If you have a 2004 and older Duramax, you might want to take it for a spin, you might be trading it in, unless you've moded your D-max out.
I wouldn't mind upgrading, but my LBZ is just too much fun right now.
Good luck and enjoy the D-max revolution

Have you applied the ECM updates to your 06?

My LBZ is bone stock except for running my KD Custom Perf Tow tune. It is just plain fun to drive both stock and with the tune.

NutNbutGMC
07-19-2007, 18:21
Yep, you're right, it has no power at all, a real dog, just like the LBZ. :rolleyes: Feel better now?LOL.........