PDA

View Full Version : Electronics for DMAX/Allison?

journeyman
07-18-2007, 20:32
This is still WAY preliminary, but is there an aftermarket (3rd party) computer that can control the dmax and the Allison 1000?

I am contemplating conversion (early, non-electronic vehicle) and the major components seem readily available, but what about the electronics?

Is there an integrated computer for this combo?
Would there need to be two stand alone computers (one for the dmax, one for the Allison)?

More Power
07-21-2007, 14:11
There are a couple marine diesel companies working on a standalone system for the Duramax (though they won't include the Allison). I don't know how a marine system might work with a truck/Suburban, but... We'll likely cover it once a commercially viable product arrives.

While it appears daunting at first, using the OEM pickup wiring harnesses and modules remains a very doable project... Quite a few now have done it. :)

Jim

journeyman
07-21-2007, 21:56
Has anyone written up their experience/ diagrams/proceedures for using the factory stuff?

ThePIGSmith
07-25-2007, 12:32
It was my understanding that super expensive and ultra rare Duramax crate engine had a stand alone ECM.

If this is true (which I dunno if it is or not) but if a person could find the part number for it,
couldn't that person go to the stealership and just order/purchase it?
I dunno if it would also control the Allison 1000.

Secondly, if someone/vendor like Painless, would create an aftermarket wiring harness that connected the stock ECM to the Duramax,
I would like there would be a market to support it.

More Power
07-25-2007, 13:11
Has anyone written up their experience/ diagrams/proceedures for using the factory stuff?

Yes, http://www.thedieselpage.com/duramaxconversions.htm

Jim