PDA

View Full Version : Just saw a new body style 3500 dually 07

cowboywildbill
07-19-2007, 02:45
The dealer where we purchased out trucks, just recieved one of the first 3500 dmax CC duallys in our area. It was loaded. Nav, Rear DVD ,sunroof, backup warning system and so on. It is a nice ride. I couldn't find a GVCWR on the truck and the dealer said he doesn't think it is listed on the body either, just like the 07 classics. He thinks most of it is the same in that respect. The truck had been dressed up by a customizer $1,800 added to sticker worth of exterior stuff. Our truck was done the same way. Custom Billet Grill,wheel covers,the vent shades/hood bug deflector and running boards are all painted to match the truck. And on the new style, now the rear bed and exterior dually fender flairs"sides" are all metal no more composite sides. I guess thats a good thing ? I kinda like the composite.
I forgot to look for the brake controller, I was so busy eyeing up the factory Nav system. The truck is nice, but those big chrome bumper sides?
It had a price tag of $57,000 and some change. My wife was with me and said "NO" even before I said anything or could get out to look inside.
Our classic 07 only has 4,700 miles on it. I was Just Looking, not really wanting the new one I said! She said "Sure that's what you said the last time, and you bought it! "OH Well" I couldn't afford it anyway.

OC_DMAX
07-23-2007, 19:21
Looks like $60K MSRP trucks are just about upon us!! (thats insane).

cowboywildbill
07-24-2007, 05:19
Your right, I wonder if the sales will cool off any with that bigger sticker prices?
I ran into a guy towing a 9,500 lb. Jayco fifth wheel at a campground on the 4th of July weekend. He had a new 6.4 Ford 3500 cc srw, he said the best mpg he gets is 7 mpg towing and 10.5 empty. He said he traded his cummins in for it and he was getting 16 empty and 12 towing with the Dodge. He didn't say what he paid for the new truck but did say that he wouldn't be taking any long trips for a while because of the cost of fuel. My point is, you get sticker shock at the dealer and at the pump. I guess every mpg you can gain means a lot more now than it used to. I think I would rather pay more up front for the truck, than hitting the pumps twice as much. Either way I feel better getting the classic now. I think it is cheaper to Mod it up myself, than to pay for the factory to do it.
I'll still be $10,000 under the new style even with all of my mods.

Barry Polley
09-10-2007, 18:48
We have 5,000 miles on the new one. All tow miles at 24,700# This thing is bad azz. The 03 used to get down to 48- 50 going into Vegas on the Baker Grade with no overheating issues ever. Now if you want 65 just push it down. Extremely Quiet also. When it breaks in I guess things will be just ducky. :cool:
Before I forget, yes the bed is taller and that did change 5th wheel kig pin hitch spacing.

Barry

cowboywildbill
09-12-2007, 07:32
Everybody seems to love them so far. The one dually I saw was gone the day after it arrived. It was the only 07 new style dually the dealer recieved. He is waiting on the 08 duallys to arrive. Should be sometime soon? He still has classic 2500s & 07 new body style 2500s, but no duallys whatsoever on his lot.

he is waiting on the 08's