PDA

View Full Version : Fuel additives for LMM ???

D_R_C
07-19-2007, 16:06
Any input on using Diesel Kleen or Lucas Fuel additive in the new LMM.
My dealer states GM says no to the additives they are not needed and could possibily void warranty if used. :confused:
The reason I ask is I have both setting in my garage left over from my last diesel truck.

More Power
07-20-2007, 09:14
Visit the additive web sites you listed, and check to see whether they meet the new ULSD requirements in the new trucks. If so, print out what you find, to save for future reference.

I' haven't checked them all, but I did find that Marvel Mystery Oil doesn't meet the new ULSD specs for diesel fuel additives.

Jim

D_R_C
07-21-2007, 11:52
I have spoke to both and they both state that they are safe and meet the new ULSD requirements.
Diesel Kleen states this on the lable.
But from what I have dug up there are several that do not,it is just what GM is saying voiding warranty if any is used that I question.

The one thing that bothers me with the GM techs I have spoke to,they know nothing at all about the new LMM engine or anything new on these vehicles.
They have up-dated classes available they could have taken to expand their knowledge before the engines came out.
But have elected not to be concerned until consumers have issues after the fact,which does not impress me one bit.
Ford/Navastar has issues but all the Ford diesel techs I know took classes before hand to have some knowledge before the engines hit the market.
The GM techs I have meet are lazy and uneducated on anything new and just there for the $$$ instead of being on top of things before it happens.
All I here is I`m not sure,no new vehicles have been in yet until mine hit.
Which then the tech spent 3-4 hours updating his equipment,then had my trucks computers up and running in about 30 min.,before that he stated he could not fix my truck.
Pretty sad on how GM operates and lets the techs slip by not knowing anything until they are forced in to it.
My 2 cents worth.