PDA

View Full Version : 95 6.5 conversion

mudkings
07-19-2007, 20:36
I have 1986 chevy suburban (k-20 350,400,208)that i am wanting to put a 6.5 diesel out of a 1995 chevy k2500 extended cab pickup with a 5-speed.I already have the 95 doner it was wrecked.I'm not worried about the install of the motor or tranny and transfer case but the wiring on the newer style motor has me worried a little. Any advice on the wiring would be very appriciated. The motor has marine injecters and a speicial burnt chip with 4" exuast.Would it be easier to switch every thing over to manual or is this even an option? Thank you for any info.great sight

More Power
07-19-2007, 20:44
Don't even think about the electronics to run the engine. Install a mechanical fuel injection pump and mechanical turbo wastegate actuator. It's so much simpler....

By the way, the factory 6.5 turbo system is not a good fit for your body style vehicle - too much interference with stuff. My advice would be to either acquire a Banks 6.2L turbo system or run the engine naturally aspirated.

Jim

mudkings
07-20-2007, 20:28
thanks for the great info any more info would be very appriciated i,m trying to learnas much as I can before I do the install