PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Exhaust

Randy H
07-25-2007, 09:18
Anyone know of any bigger exhaust pipes for a 2006 C4500 Dmax? Will the pickup tubo pipe fit?

Randy

Mark Rinker
07-25-2007, 11:55
I am looking at the same for my 2004, although there is another fly in the ointment - the electric actuated exhaust brake, which is located right ahead of the muffler, and looks to be about 3" in diameter...

More soon on your downpipe question, I plan to get the truck on a lift so I can see things more clearly...

Mark Rinker
07-27-2007, 17:13
I removed the C4500 engine access panel inside the cab today for the first time. Wow - I was expecting things to be accessible, but there is TONS of room in here! The turbo downpipe looks like a really good peice - since there is no firewall to content with, its dent-free and smooth. No reason to mess with it, IMO.
I'll get it up on the lift next week and take a look at what can be done, while retaining the engine-brake function.

Yes - it runs just fine with the cover off, and you can REALLY hear the turbo whine... :) :) :) I am thinking about creating a clear plexiglass replica of the engine cover, so I can enjoy the show while going down the road. I could mount a cool old retro mechanical EGT right on the downpipe...

Kinda BEGS for a big honkin' chrome'd turbo - don't it?