PDA

View Full Version : 6.5TD engine wiring harness

timwagner6
12-10-2004, 16:54
Ladies and Gentleman,

Merry Christmas!

I own a 1995 6.5L TD Automatic, extended cab, 4x4, Silverado, 2500. It caught fire in the engine compartment - reason unknown. To cut to the chase, the wiring harness is toast. I need the engine compartment wiring harness, but am having trouble identifying which will interchange.

I ordered one from Avant, off a 1995 one ton w/auto, but it was not even close - the easiest way to recognize the difference is that mine has a large power distribution center on the driver's side fender well, the one I received from Avant did not.

As a footnote, Avant has been very helpful and I would highly recommend them.

My question - Does anyone know what year/ bodystyle/tonnage would be a correct replacement(or close enough I can make it work)?
They are not listed in Hollander manuals, and GM is no help (they are a discontinued item.

Better yet do you have one?

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

CareyWeber
12-11-2004, 03:49
Tim,

IIRC 95's were kinda a weird year they still had OBD I but they added the new: power disto center, 4 wheel anti lock brakes and the new style dash.

In 96 they went to OBD II.

So I'd say (no knowledge just a guess) you'll have to have a 95 harness. I'd go to a yard and start looking first.

Carey