PDA

View Full Version : Fuel fiter change light

k5guy38
07-30-2007, 09:13
I have recently changed the fuel filter on a 05 d-max and the little code came on in the dash. The manual i have doesn't say how to remove this code or is the sensor messed up? Thanks Denny

More Power
08-03-2007, 10:07
I suspect something happened to the WIF (Water In Fuel) sensor or circuit. Did you re-connect the sensor connector after the change?

Jim

Kennedy
08-03-2007, 15:57
If you have steering wheel audio controls, simply scroll to the fuel filter life, and then hold the reset button until it resets to 100%.

Duramaster
08-06-2007, 10:57
If you don't have SWC, try this:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Fuel Filter Life Reset
This message will appear when a reset is performed either by using the steering wheel controls or following manual procedure.

Reset the fuel filter monitor.
For vehicles with steering wheel controls, press and hold the select button for 5 seconds while the FUEL FILTER LIFE message is displayed.
This message will appear on the driver information center (DIC) for ten seconds.

For vehicles without steering wheel controls, do the following:
3.1. Without pressing the pedals, turn the ignition key to the ON position without starting the engine.

3.2. Wait 5 seconds.

3.3. Completely press the brake and the accelerator pedals simultaneously and hold for 10 seconds. The system is now reset.

3.4. Turn the ignition key OFF.

The next time the engine is started, the message will no longer be displayed.
ALWAYS reset the FUEL FILTER LIFE system after a fuel filter change.