PDA

View Full Version : Calibration resistor error

byte
08-02-2007, 10:52
Hello... well i finally got the unit running... took for a drive... no strange codes showing with GMTDScan... layed across motor to loosen injector line # 6 (fun, fun)... blead a bit of air... tightened...

now engine shows code 56 IJ calibration resistor error... the grounding screw is still on the top cover of IJ, but on the back screw rather than front. removed screw last night and cleaned and hooked back up... still showing same code 56... looked at connection to pmd... this is a brand new pmd and resistor on a cooler bolted to intake... I can hook to original pmd (on pump still) and try it... I find it funny that this code did not come up in the first hour of running, but just after laying across pass. side of motor... have looked at all sensors in the area...

Should I have rotated the pump to the drivers side about 1 or 2 "hairs"....:rolleyes: when i was under there?... my TDCO seems to stay at -2.02, but I am not sure if my TDC learn will be accurate with this code 56 being present... should I rotate the pump to the drivers side about 1 or 2 "hairs"....:rolleyes:

how is the best way to search for a code problem, i tried code 56 and dtc 56, but it doesn't search for 56!, just the word...

More Power
08-02-2007, 12:52
Since the code appeared after leaning across the engine, I'd spend a little more time looking for something related (damaged wire, etc.).

Otherwise, you may need to reseat the resistor. Is it an OEM resistor?

Rotate the top of the pump towards the driver's side to advance the timing or toward the passenger side to retard. However, you can usually select the right TDC-Offset with the scan tool if the pump timing is reasonably close.

Jim

byte
08-02-2007, 13:27
yes, the resistor is new from standyne... it came with the new FSD... i forgot to look at the number of the resistor before i put it in though...

i cleaned all ground bolts and straps, even the ones at the pass. side back head & frame when I had the inner fender out... could it be that i did a tdc learn last night when I still had error codes showing (I read the instructions today... +180F... no codes showing...etc

are these the correct numbers that I should see in GMTDScan? *** DES/ACT/TDCO values. OEM is +3.5°/+3.5°/-0.5°. ****

I assume these are at idle speed.

I removed the PMD cooler and used old pmd on pump... I also moved screw back to orginal location... the code 56 has been cleared... I also did a TDC learn and time set... but the TDCO still comes back at -2.02

Next trip under the hood I willl try the PMD cooler again with the screw in the right spot (front cover screw)

byte
08-02-2007, 17:47
TDCO got up to -1.67 on the last time set and learn (:) without any codes showing :) )... looks like I need +1 degree or so...

Robyn
08-02-2007, 19:24
Some times the ECM will not like the resistor.
I had one for the 94 that was identical to the one that was on the Pump mounted PMD.
The new one I got for the remote one was the same but it would toss the code.
I fished the old one out of the old pmd and installed it and no more issues. :D

byte
08-03-2007, 09:47
are these the correct numbers that I should see in GMTDScan?

Desired IJ Timing/Actual IJ Timing/TDCO values. OEM is +3.5°/+3.5°/-0.5°.

I assume these are at idle speed.

my numbers seem to come up

+5.5/+5.5/-1.67 (was at -2.02)