PDA

View Full Version : Allison behind a Cummins

Kevin
08-02-2007, 15:23
What computer or electronics are needed to run a 6 speed Allison behind a Cummins? If I got a computer, wiring harness, insterment cluster, & stearing column would that be enough? Thanks for any info.

More Power
08-02-2007, 15:54
www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com (http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com) should have a standalone TCM and harness for the Allison. You'll likely need an engine speed sensor and throttle position sensor as inputs to the new TCM.

There are adapters out there to mate a GM bellhousing to the 5.9L. Don't know about flexplate availability, but it'll require the same as the TH400 or 4L80-E torque converter bolt circle.

Jim

Kevin
08-02-2007, 18:01
I talked with www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com and they told me they arn't going to be doing one. The told me to contact ATS. ATS told me in a few months they might have a 5 speed controller avalible, but no date on a 6 speed. If I wanted to GM's computer, what parts should I look for?

More Power
08-02-2007, 21:38
There are several aftermarket companies that offer transmission control modules. Try a google search. I'd exhaust that avenue before attempting to adapt the GM stuff - it would be a much bigger job....

Jim