PDA

View Full Version : phaser timing gears?

beast
08-04-2007, 21:31
i am building a 6.5 turbo diesel with the new block and heads. it will be balanced and going with fluid damper also. was reading on another web site that some people felt like the timing gears were hard on crankshafts and wonderd if anyone here could tell me what they think, true or no and maybe why. i also was debating not going with splayed mains but maybe the stud girdle, thoughts? anyone

j_k_auto
08-04-2007, 23:24
Well I did get the fluidampner and the phazer kit also. impo it would help out but the combo would be great. It would take the extra tention off the phazer wheels if I am correct while using the fluidampner. I did alot of researching about these items that is why I choose to go the same route you did. I was hoping to get to use these myself but they are in my garage collecting dust till I sell them. I am going a different way with my engine so they are no longer needed.:(

beast
08-05-2007, 05:51
thank you for the reply! i might be interested in some of your parts after i get some more input. do you have any prices yet? i would still like to hear from anyone that has actually used these gears as to weather or not they put to much strain on the crank. this is my work truck and i need it to be strong and also dependable. it will get used hard! Robyn i was wondering what you would recomend?

ronniejoe
08-05-2007, 10:43
I have over 40,000 miles on my engine with the Phaser gears. I have built three other engines with them. They work well.

beast
08-05-2007, 19:10
j k if you are interested in selling those parts i need to know soon as my block and heads should be in by the 10th and i would like to get started asap.

j_k_auto
08-05-2007, 21:41
I sent you a pm

More Power
08-05-2007, 23:20
I know of a DSG gear drive timing set equipped 6.5 with 200K+ miles. :)

Jim

beast
08-06-2007, 06:03
thanks J K, Jim and Ronniejoe for the input on this. its like anything else there is always some for and some aginst and you just have to get everyones opinon and use common sense to make an informed decision. also a good BS filter usually helps! JK if you want to pm me with your ph # or call me on mine 870 310 3787 and we can try to work something out. i hate typing! thanksw agin everyone and GOD bless!