PDA

View Full Version : minor issues..

Propayne
08-05-2007, 13:55
My truck has been and is currently running great for the 2000 miles ive put on it. I changed the fuel filter about 5 days ago...and since i bought a cheapy...i immediately bent the metal ring that goes above the gasket. Leaked like crazy the next few days until i could get to the parts store. Bought a fram...put it on and fixed that leak. Now there is another puddle of diesel coming out the passenger side of the truck...it runs off the exhaust manifold and then continues to drip off the ground. the leak is maybe 1 drop every 2 seconds. The engine starts easily for the most part...an occasional hard start or extended crank time. But every now and then a little white smoke on start up..and it will sound a little knocky on the passenger side. Since i know nothing about these diesels, i have a hard time telling the difference between injector noises and a quiet knock. Im going to guess its from leaky injectors on the passenger side. the truck has 109,000. What my question is...im 17 years old and have to pay for fuel, insurance, and financing on this truck so money for injectors will be hard to come by. Would it be a bad idea to replace one or two at a time? Also...its due for an oil change...and unlike the Fords..these arent fired by oil pressure and its an IDI, but would an oil change possible take care of this leak by any chance?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,
Chris