PDA

View Full Version : info about vendors

micky_blue
08-06-2007, 07:24
I have been doing some looking around and wanted to know if anyone had any info or experience on select vendors. The ones I am curious about are

1. Diesel Depot - 478.552.9510 in Georgia
2. Hummer Engines - 866.526.9776 - didn't see their location on a quick scan of the page
3. International Diesel - 631.737.7050 in New York

I guess this should be a reputable retailer thread, places you have had good sucess and places to avoid.

micky

Robyn
08-06-2007, 08:12
I am not personally knowlegable of the ones you listed.
Vendors that advertise here are known to be all around good guys and provide good service.

This does not mean that others cant or dont do the same.
Possibly someone else will chime in who knows more.

Robyn

More Power
08-06-2007, 09:52
I have been doing some looking around and wanted to know if anyone had any info or experience on select vendors. The ones I am curious about are

1. Diesel Depot - 478.552.9510 in Georgia
2. Hummer Engines - 866.526.9776 - didn't see their location on a quick scan of the page
3. International Diesel - 631.737.7050 in New York

I guess this should be a reputable retailer thread, places you have had good sucess and places to avoid.

micky

I would prefer people focus on the good ones, and especially those who help support this board. Listing the bad ones would make a liability lawyer smile wide....

Jim

micky_blue
08-06-2007, 10:40
I do agree on focusing on the positive, there are enought "bashing" treads around. The reason I selected those three sites over any others is...

they don't get much coverage, and trust me I have looked,
plus I have found info claiming they all sell AMG blocks. Since these are such a hot comodity i thought I would list those companies. I am not saying these companies directly claim to sell AMG block, just found other places that claim they do.

micky

More Power
08-06-2007, 10:53
The Diesel Depot was a longtime advertiser/supporter here in The Diesel Page. I still like the guys there, and feel they do good work. Pin them down on a delivery schedule if you place an order.

The other two I don't know about.

However, there are several web sites (some owned by the same company - not mentioned here) that operate on the shady side and change their name often. For example, they have misrepresented product that they advertise or overstate what they sell. Some of this stems from them buying 20,000+ GM reject and warranty return 6.5's several years ago. They initially tried selling them as "test" engines. The engines were what GM collected over a decade of manufacturing and service.

There is one fact that you can rely on..... Those advertisers who support this bulletin board are recommended. See the Avertisers (http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm) list to see who they are. :)

Jim

Kennedy
08-07-2007, 17:07
Actually, I believe AAA, and International are one in the same (test engines etc)

I am in the busness (I don't sell a lot of engines), and I do hear a lot from those who have and have problems. I've never heard of number two, but have heard of 1 and 3 on more than one occasion.

Peninsular is the one that I would recommend.

Ask for references...