PDA

View Full Version : Injection pulse error code 35?

Kev-o
08-07-2007, 07:19
Can any body tell me what could cause a code 35?

Thanks.

Robyn
08-07-2007, 07:40
Hello

The DTC 35 is "Injection pulse width error" (Reponse time short)
This can have several causes.
Be sure the connections to the fuel solenoid are good (rear and low on the pump under the boot)
The PMD can cause these to pop up too if the PMD is starting to get flakey. (The PMD uses small voltage signals from the IP and magnifies them to run the FS)

A scan tool is really the only way to check this issue out. You need to watch the injection pulse width and see if it varies with throttle opening.
The system will fail safe to a fixed rate as long as the PCM sees an error.
There should be a signal back to the PCM from the fuel solenoid and if not then the PCM set the code.

Check the wiring first and if nothing goofy there try plugging in a known good PMD.

If this solves the problem your set if not you need to get it scanned.
It can even be an issue with the PCM.
Many times though this code is caused by a faulty fuel solenoid.

(IP has to go to the shop)

Let us know.

Robyn

moondoggie
08-07-2007, 10:57
Good Day!

You might want to read this_old_topic (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=22757) I re-created. Unfortunately, the 1st & 2nd post, with most of the information I had researched from now-unavailable topics, seems to have been somehow lost too. The rest of it appears to be intact, so might help.

Basically, I cleaned all the grounds I could find, & my DTC 35 went away. That was maybe 3 years ago - not a hint of reoccurance.

Good Luck & Blessings!

Robyn
08-07-2007, 18:34
A very good point this is.

Grounds and connections on these rigs with the DS4 are absolutely critical.
shame on me for not saying something earlier.

Another item to look at. Make sure the ground from the FS harness is connected to the top of the IP and not to a heat sink. This is very important.

:D:D

Robyn

tommac95
08-07-2007, 20:05
>most of the information I had researched

A shame that is gone , 'twas a fine compilation that i filed the link for, in case of eventual need !

DmaxMaverick
08-07-2007, 21:05
>most of the information I had researched

A shame that is gone , 'twas a fine compilation that i filed the link for, in case of eventual need !

If you need an old thread opened, and it wasn't closed for controversial reasons, let me, Jim or a moderator know. We can open them. There are a lot of threads dated about 1.5 years ago and older that are still closed, due to a server move and BB upgrade. No other reason. If a thread is missing, let me know as much info you have on it, and I'll find it. There should be no missing threads less than about 4 years old.

hayes37
09-10-2007, 19:46
I hade this problem with my truck turned out to be a pluged fule filter