PDA

View Full Version : horney

gmeabon
12-11-2004, 21:17
Have a 05 6.6 on a 4 door dually dcframe 6 ' bed 3500. I have installed Juice with Attatude, Duel 5" exaust and a large driver intake. Whats next? I also want to instal a (REAL) semi truck type air horn, no pussy remakes, but the real thing. Any advise? How big a compressor, how big a pump, horns abd so on? Any GOOD kits on the market?

RB
12-12-2004, 08:12
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/images/smilies/jpshakehead.gif

DmaxMaverick
12-12-2004, 08:36
"

eracers999
12-12-2004, 17:50
&

gmeabon
12-12-2004, 19:03
Originally posted by Kent:
& Kent, I have to admit to being a newbee and there for not very perfitient with using this venue. I have had 3 responses to my truck horn question but have not been able to find anything in the respnces that would answer my question. All I whant to know at this point is information that would guide me to a system that could be used to simulate a powerful semi horn. I have purchased the Wablco system with little to no satisfaction. I am looking for real NON Pussy type hornes with the associated exuipment to make them perform. Any input would be appreciated.

eracers999
12-12-2004, 20:43
Get your self a horn at the truck dealership around you, mount it, run the poly line to a air valve, they should be able to fix you up at the dealership, then a small air tank, mount it and run a line to the valve. How you fill it and what method you use to keep it filled can be done many ways. 1 fill it up at a air source. 2 find your self a electric air compressor and keep it filled with that, you could plumb the compressor to the tank and wire it to a relay and switch and keep the psi up there. The horn will sound the same as the big trucks.

Good luck, hope this helps you!!

Kent

RB
12-12-2004, 21:02
BLOWING that horn at somebody sounds to me like a good way to get yer ass kicked.... not to mention it's probably illegal.