PDA

View Full Version : Bullet/Rock Proof Tie Rods & Ends?

DA BIG ONE
04-05-2005, 23:38
Looking for input from those of you who are steering/front end smart.

I have been considering upgrading the steering components on my burb. Been wondering if K3500 4wd IFS parts are heavier, or the same as the K2500 4wd IFS?
I see adapters on the front hubs for those 1 ton+ wheels but the rest of the parts look like they interchange.

How about a real strong idler arm, or?

Super heavy duty steering box needed too.

Now comes a product called Bullet/Rock proof which is actually tie rods and ends custom built in different strenght levels, price around $400. I am seriously considering this upgrade, but I am thinking the rest of the steering should be upgraded to complement the tie rods and ends.

Also, I am running just under an additional 175 lbs over the front end w/bumper and winch so I was wondering what shock to go to? I had bought a triple shock setup from an aftermarket vendor only to find out that I need to lift the truck 6+" for this setup to fit. This ^&%%#$ vendor would not take the setup back even though he swore it woud fit the stock height of my k2500, not!

Any thoughts?

C.K. Piquup
04-06-2005, 01:59
The 2500HD & 3500 front-ends are the same.And,I`ve had chronic idler arm wear-out in my K3500 since I bought it new.They last about 75,000mi.

JoeyD
04-06-2005, 03:45
I didn't know of any after market front end parts for our trucks, what is the site?

DmaxMaverick
04-06-2005, 05:39
I think what you are looking for is bulletproofsteering.com (http://bulletproofsteering.com/) .