PDA

View Full Version : 2006 6.6 problem

LCOOP
08-17-2007, 19:45
I Have A 06 6.6 2500hd. 11000 Miles, At 10200 Miles Between 50 & 60mph The Truck Acts Like It Has 700r4 Torque Converter Kicking In & Out Or If It Had Spark Plugs, 1 Breaking Down Under Load. The Dealer Did A Trans Update Yesterday & I Picked It Up To Find The Same Problem. They Advised That It Might Be The Suspension. Even If It Is, It Started Overnight. Anyone Have Any Ideas Or Have Had This Problem???? Thanks,

jbplock
08-18-2007, 05:49
... Between 50 & 60mph The Truck Acts Like It ... Breaking Down Under Load...It Started Overnight...

Welcome to the forum!

Could be time for a new fuel filter ... at 10kmi you're due ... GM recommends 15kmi but many folks here change them at 10kmi ... depending on fuel quailty they can plug sooner .. the best way to check is with a vacuum - restriction gauge ( like this one from Kennedy Diesel (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults2.cfm?Category=3&SubCategory=155) ) .. there is a large schrader valve near the alternator that the gauge connects to ...

:)

LCOOP
08-18-2007, 11:52
Thanks, But I Did Twice Since This Started, I Tried A Wix & Then A Gm Filter. I Picked It Up From The Dealer About 2 Hours Ago, & They Said They Did A Tcm Update & They Feel The Problem Is In The Suspension. I Have To Drive It 300 Miles & Let Them Know If It Is Any Better. I Drove It 100 Already, & The Trans Shifts Slower But The Problem Is Still There. The Tach Dosen't Flux Or Jump Either, Even When It Pulsates. Fuel Milage Is Sticking About 16 Mpg With The Ac. Even If It Is A Suspension Problem, It Needs To Be Addressed, It Is Still Under Warranty.

twaddle
08-19-2007, 08:53
Hi there,
If the dealer had the truck and the reprogramming checked out ok or didn't cure the fault and they keep saying that the suspension is to blame, why did they not have a quick look at the suspension?

Have they (the dealer) given any indication as to what in the suspension may be the cause?

What ratios is it jumping up or down to?
Have you tried locking the trans into a lower gear rather than drive?

Good luck

Jim

steak2k1
08-20-2007, 20:36
What he said...

Try putting the unit into "tow haul" and see what happens..
tow haul locks the torque converter in 2nd.

stk

LCOOP
08-22-2007, 19:09
Pulsation Starts When In Any Gear, I Tried In 4 5 6. Same Problem. I Tried In Tow/haul, Same Problem. I Now Have 400 Miles Since Re Programmed & Still The Same Problem Except Now....... Trans Shifts 1 To 2 & 2 To 3 & You Don't Even Feel It. No Jerk, No Kick, The Tach Only Changes About 150 Rpm Between Shifts. I Don't Know If Thats Right Or Not, But I Did Get 22 Mpg On The Road & Thats The Best Since I've Had The Truck. Friday I Will Take It To Another Dealer 100 Miles From Me Because They Have A Good Rep. As Far As The Suspension, They Say It Could Be Frame Shake. Per Gm Bulletin. Who Knows.

twaddle
08-23-2007, 08:36
"They Say It Could Be Frame Shake. Per Gm Bulletin. Who Knows."

So did "THEY" say what the GM bulletin on frame shakin" said about a FIX cos a 06 truck should/might still be under warranty?

It sounds like the first dealer really wants you to go elsewhere if you ask me. Their attitude is NOT good to say the least.

Good luck

Jim

LCOOP
08-23-2007, 09:32
It Is Under Warranty (but) If It Is The Frame, There Is No Fix At This Time.