PDA

View Full Version : OBD1 Scanner ?

robscarab
08-18-2007, 13:56
Hi All,

I am back up and running with my 93 dually and need to do some tranny diagnostics and tuning. It is a 4L80E and the first thing I would like to do is check the force motor/line pressure relationship. This should give a snapshot of the overall health of my tranny's pump and components. I believe it is in good shape since it was recently rebuilt by a good trans. shop. It is somewhat mushy in operation and tends to hold all the gears too long at light throttle settings. I will be setting the TPS this afternoon to hopefully shift earlier(I set it in the middle of its travel as a baseline).

I could really use some realtime info and diagnostics for this rig, so I am wondering if anyone can recommend a scantool or software and cable for my laptop? It seems the obd2 stuff is plentiful but I cant find obd1 tools for this truck...

Thanks,

Robyn
08-18-2007, 15:56
GMTD SCAN
software downloadable to a laptop and they sell the interface cable too
Will do all OBD1 GM diesels.
They advertise here at TDP, look them up and maybe drop an email to confirm their stuff will do the job

robscarab
08-18-2007, 17:51
Thanks Robyn! Im on it..

byte
08-18-2007, 22:08
If you want a place in Alberta that sells the cable and software, contact Westers Garage (look under Advertisers Section) in Tilley, Alberta...

MR.E
08-27-2007, 18:44
Rob,
Did you purchase the software or use a shop?

Warren96
08-28-2007, 06:32
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't OBD-1 started in 1994? My understanding is that it was only used in 1994 and 1995. Wasnt the plug you are refering to only useful for tranny codes, and in 1994 it was the puter conection ?