PDA

View Full Version : Trailer towing package ?

Jarmstrong
08-18-2007, 21:01
In the 07 classic trucks, what is offered with this package? my wife's 07 CC GMC 2500 LBZ 4wd is showing up (found at an other dealer) in a couple of days and it doesn't have this on the build sheet. is this just the trailer hitch? or does it add anything else?

Also, it has the locking rear end (is this a geared or clutch type locker/limited slip?

thanks

-Jason

NutNbutGMC
08-19-2007, 05:36
In the 07 classic trucks, what is offered with this package? my wife's 07 CC GMC 2500 LBZ 4wd is showing up (found at an other dealer) in a couple of days and it doesn't have this on the build sheet. is this just the trailer hitch? or does it add anything else?

Also, it has the locking rear end (is this a geared or clutch type locker/limited slip?

I'm not going to read the Owner's Manual for you... :D :D

Searched the forum and found this.
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showpost.php?p=140634&postcount=5

Here's a picture of the description from a build at gmbuypower.com. However, I don't think this is what you were looking for, specifically. You'll get a class 3 hitch (and I don't like them personally) and a wiring socket. This accessory package is in conjunction with that.

JohnC
08-20-2007, 15:22
The G80 is a locker, not a limited slip. It locks with clutches, not gears. It will not lock at speeds over about 20 mph, for safety reasons. I feel it is a good setup for the average driver. If you're forte is rock climbing, you probably won't like it.

Jarmstrong
08-20-2007, 18:01
if this truck does not come with the trailer package :mad: will I have to wire up the 7 way plug myself? i told the salesman, "who ever heard of a 3/4 ton truck not coming with a trailer hitch!" I'll be mad if i have to wire up a brand new truck. Is it just plug in and go or more? the hitch I can deal with, I think the factory one looks chinzy.
thanks
-Jason

DmaxMaverick
08-20-2007, 20:53
if this truck does not come with the trailer package :mad: will I have to wire up the 7 way plug myself? i told the salesman, "who ever heard of a 3/4 ton truck not coming with a trailer hitch!" I'll be mad if i have to wire up a brand new truck. Is it just plug in and go or more? the hitch I can deal with, I think the factory one looks chinzy.
thanks
-Jason

It's not too uncommon. I ordered my 2001 w/o so I wouldn't use the OEM hitch (experience and questionable quality with previous OEMs). Not having one made me install the one I knew I needed/wanted. I didn't even pull a non 5th wheel trailer for over a year.

The wiring is still plug 'n play. The rear harness will accept a plug-in extension, and the wiring under the dash and fuse slots under the hood are all there. You shouldn't have to do any splicing except for the trailer connector and a brake controller to brake controller harness, which can be had from Prodigy, Napa, etc.

NutNbutGMC
08-21-2007, 16:54
thanks
-JasonIs "chinzy" a good thing or a bad thing? :D