PDA

View Full Version : dead duramax

hammerhead21
08-21-2007, 06:49
I have a 01 duramax that I am having trouble with and was wonering if anyone here could help me out. A couple weeks ago I was going down the road and and the truck began running rough I had to pull over and get it through the spitting and sputtering and then it went to running fine then the other day I started it and back out of the drive and got maybe 30 yards and it died just like you had turned the key off. I have reprimed it and cranked and cranked with no luck at all I did break one of the injector lines loose and craknked and it did not spray anything. any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. it has no codes stored

DarylB
08-21-2007, 08:28
plugged filter?

hammerhead21
08-21-2007, 09:53
I dont think so it will pump fuel with the hand pump

DmaxMaverick
08-21-2007, 12:41
I dont think so it will pump fuel with the hand pump

The priming pump and bleeder is on the "dirty" side of the filter. It could be completely plugged, and still pump fuel like normal. How many miles on the current filter? A plugged filter will usually set a DTC, but not always. A plugged filter will also exploit any air leaks.

Are you using an Edge Juice or other plugin box? If so, start with pulling it and checking the condition of the connector pins. Try repeating the condition w/o the box installed.

Duramaster
08-29-2007, 10:15
So............... If it was running and then died? Did you hear any noises? Like maybe the injection pump soft plugs blowing out of the pump body? Is there any fuel leaking into the valley of the engine? If you have a scanner, what is the cranking fuel pressure? Any info would be great for diagnostic assistance. ;)

Steelheader
08-29-2007, 21:26
Check your battery/ies, make sure they are fully charged and the alternator is working properly. Look for loose connections to the battery/ies., and make sure your grounds are good. I had a similiar circumstance with my '94 6.5 TD. Found out that it was a loose connection to the battery. Tightened it down and it has ran fine since. Keep us informed.